Category Archives: Blogging
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 24,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 6 Film Festivals
20 speakers from Ireland and abroad came together to give us their take on how the media has changed in the last 5 years and how it’s set to change in the next five. It was a superbly run conference and well done to the organizers for hosting such a terrific two days.
I loved the digital media lab, run by ten journalism students from DIT. They did a fantastic job blogging, interviewing and reporting and you can check out the results on the Mash Storify page, YouTube channel, blog and Flickr account to see just how its done. Well worth a look!
Following on from yesterday’s post on the state of the blogosphere, here is an interesting infographic on bloggers’ primary motivations for blogging.
- Self-expression and sharing expertise are primary motivators;
- 39% of corporate bloggers blog to get published or get features in traditional media;
- 57% of self-employed say they blog to attract new clients to their business;
- Hobbyists measure their success by personal satisfaction;
- Professional bloggers measure success by unique visitors;
- Overall, respondents feel that blogging has had a positive impact on their personal lives;
- 63% of respondents agree that they have become more involved with their passion areas as a result of blogging;
- 62% agree that they have made friends through their blog whom they have interacted with online but not met in person;