Last week Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing blog reported on some interesting findings from the Boston Consulting Group on millennials*.
You can read the post in full here – it includes valuable pointers for non profit marketers. Characteristics of the generation vary by region, depending on social and economic conditions. However, it is generally marked by an increased use and familiarity with communications, media, and digital technologies.
- Millennials more likely to take certain socially conscious actions during their daily life
- They are apt to buy products that support their principles
- More likely than other generations to spread the word about a cause campaign or participate in fundraising events.
- They are highly social creatures online (and off)
- More likely than others to speak up online
- They expect companies to care about social issues and reward those who partner with the right causes
* The Millenials also known as the Millennial Generation , Generation Y – generation born 1980s – 2000s