Why do you blog?
Following on from yesterday’s post on the state of the blogosphere, here is an interesting infographic on bloggers’ primary motivations for blogging.
- Self-expression and sharing expertise are primary motivators;
- 39% of corporate bloggers blog to get published or get features in traditional media;
- 57% of self-employed say they blog to attract new clients to their business;
- Hobbyists measure their success by personal satisfaction;
- Professional bloggers measure success by unique visitors;
- Overall, respondents feel that blogging has had a positive impact on their personal lives;
- 63% of respondents agree that they have become more involved with their passion areas as a result of blogging;
- 62% agree that they have made friends through their blog whom they have interacted with online but not met in person;