March 18 2011 – Important update to this post!
The Static FBML application that helped you create custom Facebook landing pages is being phased out. You will be unable to create new FBML applications. Check out this post from Spiderworking for further details of this change.
Do you routinely send out a newsletter to your subscribers? Do you have a Facebook Fan Page? Would you like to incorporate your newsletter with your FB page?
Follow my step-by-step guide to adding a newsletter tab to your FB fan page
1. Go to the Static FBML application (facebook markup language or FBML for short)
2. Click “Add to my Page”
1. Click on “Edit Page“ on your own FB fanpage
2. Select manage applications
3. Click on FBML – ensure the tab setting is added
4. Under FBML click on “Go to Application”
1. Add the html code that you would normally use on your website to the FBML box
2. Change the title to Newsletter
Tip: You can use the static FBML widget as many times as you want to customise your Facebook fan page. Once you’ve added it to your page, simply go to “edit page”, then under Applications click “edit” under Static FBML. This will give you the options you need to paste in your code.